Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Beginnings, Desires, Battles

The Prodigal Son Icon:
Story of new beginnings, desires, and battles.
Obviously I have started a new blog.

I have closed gatsbyfaulkner-foundbychrist.blogspot.com because I was feeling that whatever I had put there was nothing more but a product of a non-spiritual life.

How come it was all for naught? Let me begin by telling that-- I am a Christian-- but not an ordinary Bible-hugging, street-chanting kind of Christian. I have embraced Eastern Orthodox Christianity as my religion. The Church whom I want to be baptized into is the Ecumenical Church, Annunciation Orthodox Church in the Philippines.

Did everything change? Have I become truly transfigured? (To use Fr. Seraphim Cardoza's--of St. innocent Church in America--words) 

To be honest, I am not yet a Cathecumen. But through the help of supplementary readings of writings of Othodox Saints, listening to Patristic Sermons, having fellowship with other Orthodox Christians through Facebook, listening/watching liturgical music, and reading the Bible, little by little, I have become "clingy" to this new-found faith. I feel that everyday I have to hear liturgy, sermons, and chats about Orthodoxy. 

Yet, I feel like the more I desire to be closer to God, the more I am being pulled back, back to my lusty, evil, debauched self... I believe that I have just entered the Arena of the battle between good and evil-- something that non-believers haven't have the privilege of entering one.

And this is what's been missing in my previous blog-- no article in there dedicated to this struggle as a babe-in-Christ. 

Bottom line: I am now proclaiming in my heart, mind and soul:

"We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, Begotten of the Father before all ages, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made:Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and was made man;And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried;And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures;And ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of the Father;And He shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, Whose kingdom shall have no end.And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets;And we believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.We acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins.We look for the Resurrection of the dead,And the Life of the age to come."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment